Avocado prawn mango salad
Mango vinegar bought from Globus, Basel
Marc enjoyed it a lot and was learning how to use fork and knife.
Avocado prawn mango salad served
The other day I bought this mango vinegar, it says in the back that it is suitable for avocado shrimps salad or as a marinate for duck breast but there are no recipes in their website so I improvised and made my own mango vinaigrette with a bit of imagination and the result was very successful. We all like it very much and worth to make a note here so I can make again. We had heat wave last week and this tangy salad was very suitable to combat the heat.
Make 2 big plates for 3-4 ppl as main course
- 1/3 cup mango vinegar (as seen in photo)
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- a drizzle soy sauce (very little)
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- resh ground pepper
- 2 packs Baby salad green, washed and drained
- 2 Thai Mangoes, flesh cut into small pieces
- 800g fresh prawns, cooked, shells removed and deveined
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes, drizzle with lime juice to prevent oxidation
- Toppings: sesame seeds, fried onion, chives (you can use some mint too)
(I used the shells and made a prawn broth by cooking with water, leek columns, onions, spring onion, 10 white peppercorns and 2 bay leaves. I filtered and used it to make a mixed vegetable and prawns and fish bulgar the following day)
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all ingredients as above and set aside.
- Divide the washed salad leaves into 2 big salad serving bowls.
- Spread on top the shrimps and other ingredients on top on both bowls.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top and serve immediately.