insalata di rucola
Just came back from UK, almost time for dinner, I had to figure out something quick, nice and light for dinner. We had some very nice artichoke and veal ravioli in the freezer but there was no parmesan cheese at home so we stopped by the new ALDI in our neighbourhood to get some. There we found some fresh rucola (arugula or rocket) and my favorite prociutto crudo. ALDI products are really value for money, it proved me wrong that being priced lower does not mean that it is not good quality. My in-laws are big fans of ALDI, Holland. When they came to visit us in Switzerland, I had so much fun shopping with them in ALDI, sharing with me their best buys, unfortunately the Dutch Vla & cheese are not available here. The prosciutto was discovered by them and now I like this one better than other normal supermarkets here as this one tastes just right, not too salty. Now I have a new food shopping cost-saving strategy, if time allows, I would first go to ALDI first to buy the things I could find there, and then I will go the normal supermarket to buy the outstanding items.
So here I made a light and refreshing rucola salad with a raspberry vinegar dressing I found in the internet at starter:
- 3 slices prosciutto crudo
- 2 handful of rucola, washed and drained
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
Raspberry Vinegar Dressing (makes about 1/3 cup):
- 3 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground salt & black pepper
- Make the salad dressing by adding the vinegar, honey and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with some ground salt and pepper. Blend well using a whisk.
- Divide the rucola on two serving plates. Tear the prosciutto into large pieces and lay on top of the greens.
- Spoon the salad dressing on the salad and finish off by grating some parmesan cheese on top, amount according to your desire.
- Serve immediately.