asparagus lemongrass cappuccino
With some asparagus and lemongrass stock left from the asparagus bacon risotto. I made two glasses of asparagus cappuccino as starter the following day, it was like the frothy soup I have tried in the gourmet restaurants : ) This soup is very light and healthy, you will be amazed that you can get a creamy result without using cream.
- 150g asparagus stems, trimmed & chopped into small pieces
- half small onion, finely chopped
- Semi-skimmed milk 50ml for the soup, 100ml for frothing
- 200ml Lemongrass stock
- 2 tsp Unblanched ground almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up the olive oil in a deep aluminum pan, add the onion the let it sweat for a few minutes at medium high heat. Keep stiring.
- Add in the asparagus and stir fry for a few minutes until they turn a little like transparent.
- Pour in the stock, bring to boil and then simmer at medium heat for about 30 mins and until the liquid is reduced one-third. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back to the pan, add in 50ml milk, warm it up again but be careful not to overheat. Taste to see if need to season with some salt.
- To serve, warm up 100ml milk, using a cappuccino frother to whiz the milk to make it frothy.
- Pour the soup into 2 glasses and top up with the frothy milk.
- Garnish by sprinkle some unblanched ground almonds on top and serve immediately.